As a means to increase the availability of international related services to Pitt schools and departments, the University Center for International Studies (UCIS) has partnered with United Language Group as a Pitt Preferred Provider for interpretation and translation services. This new vendor is available to all schools and departments for use via this portal. This contract exists as a convenience to those needing these services but is not required for use; nor is it intended as a replacement for those who have already partnered with or are using other service providers. Individuals and departments will arrange for their own services; UCIS is the contract holder and will deduct from the respective departmental accounts after making payment to United Language Group.
United Language Group is a Language Interpretation Service provider that provides the following services:
- 24/7/365 access to over 200 languages
- Written Translation Services available for a flat fixed cost or per word rate. Estimates are available upon request. Simply email your document(s) to our Pitt assigned contact for a quote.
- On-demand Telephone Interpreting Services
- On-site Interpreting Services including Court Certified, Medical Certified or Standard options
- Video Remote Interpreting Services with over 21 VRI languages including American Sign Language
- Interpreters who are tested to ensure a high level of cultural aptitude and sensitivity
- Create an account below with UCIS for billing and tracking purposes.
- You will receive an email from UCIS with the following information before you can begin participation:
- University-specific customer service phone number
- University-specific customer service email address (if seeking document translation)
- Department-specific invoicing code
- Usage instructions
- Contact United Language Group using the department-specific invoicing code you received to ensure you receive the University billing rates.
- Upon fulfillment of services, UCIS will receive an invoice from United Language Group and will subsequently withdraw funds from the Pitt account originally submitted to UCIS for billing and tracking purposes.
For more information on institutional collaboration or to answer any questions, please contact the following: