Using Your Travel Card

The University Travel Card is designed to be used for expenses related to travel. It works in conjunction with Concur and Anthony Travel to provide convenient and hassle-free Travel and Expense Management and can be used for most travel-related expenses. Please see the list below for categories of what can be expensed with your travel card. For a full list of all expensable categories and when exemption requests must be acquired, please review the Travel & Business Expense Policy.

  • Airfare, baggage fees
  • Lodging
  • In-travel postage and other transmittals such as facsimiles and telegrams
  • Dues, professional memberships, registrations, and subscriptions
  • Group travel arrangements
  • Emergency goods and services while in travel
  • Actual meal costs
  • Car rental and ground transportation
  • Telephone charges
  • Share services such as Uber, Lyft, and Airbnb
  • Business Meals
  • Wi-Fi costs while inflight or during lodging

International Travel with the University Travel Card

Foreign Transactions with Chip and Pin

Many foreign transactions require use of both the chip and your pin. Your pin is mailed separately to you, often in advance of receiving the actual credit card. If you have lost or forgotten your pin, please contact Citizen’s Bank. You will need to answer a number of questions about your credit history to prove your identity, including questions like what was your first credit card, or what was the make and model of your first car.

You may also need your zip code. Please check your credit card statement to verify your zip code. In most cases it is not the general University zip code of 15260, but rather the actual postal code for the location of your building. You can also find your daily and monthly expense limits on your credit card statement. If you have not yet received a statement because you haven’t yet used your Travel Card, please submit a Customer Service Inquiry to request your expense limits.

Foreign Transaction Fees

The University Travel Card is subject to exchange rates and foreign transaction fees. Please expect % of transaction cost on most transactions. You can expense foreign transaction fees using the expense type “Foreign Transaction Fee.”

Settling Transactions in Foreign or Local Currency

It is easiest to settle the transaction in the same currency that appears on the itemized receipt. This ensures easy matching and filing of your expense report. Generally, it is easiest to settle bills in the local currency since the merchant typically itemizes the receipt in local currency. If the merchant settles your charge in US dollars but provides a receipt in the local currency, you should ask the merchant if they are able to provide you with an itemized receipt in USD. If they cannot or you are unable to contact the merchant, please submit a Customer Service Inquiry for help with reconciling your expenses.

Submitting Expense Reports

The traveler is responsible for submitting expense reports within 30 days of their return from travel. The traveler will receive reminder notifications at 30-, 60-, and 90-days from the expense.

Resources and Questions

For more information about the Travel & Expense Management program or for information about how to apply for a Travel Card, please visit our Travel website. We provide a full user guide, quick start guides, and training videos on the training tab of the website. For further help or other questions, please submit a Customer Service Inquiry and someone from our PantherExpress Customer Service team will be happy to help you with your question or inquiry.