Services and Support
As part of Pitt’s Global Engagement efforts, Pitt has contracted with a third-party service provider, Rittle Associates, to deliver on-the-ground service and support to the Pitt community's interactions in China. Occupying two offices in Beijing as well as a space in Shanghai, Rittle Associates can provide assistance with outreach, fostering new relationships, supporting research & partnerships as well as customized services to Pitt faculty, alumni, students and staff based on their role and level of engagement. Some specific examples the provider-based support services available include:
- Varying levels of event organization assistance (receptions, meetings, conferences, outreach, etc.)
- Travel advice
- Alumni: in-country support for alumni outreach activities
- Arranging services with various local vendors such as:
- translation & interpretation
- brochure design/printing - printed materials
- preferred car service
- Customized services based on your role and purpose for visiting
- Access to alumni in China offering internships
- Support for Pitt to You and new student integration activities
- Support Office of Admissions and Financial Aid (OAFA) administrative activities in China
- Cultural advice
- In country Study Abroad support
- In addition to logistical support and outreach, there are physical meeting & work spaces which, upon availability, can be utilized by Pitt Faculty and Staff for meetings and partner engagement. For larger or more formal events, nearby hotels offering various levels and sizes of meeting space, can be arranged via our service provider, please see our Practical Information section below for more detailed information.
To learn more about how Pitt's new service provider can support you in your specific role here at Pitt, please contact the Global Operations Support Manager for more information.
Practical Information & Resources
Our provider's main office is conveniently located within the old city walls of Beijing and just an 12 minute taxi ride from the Beijing Railway Station in the Dongshequ district; from which trains are available to the city center, directly to Beijing Capital International Airport, the rest of China and beyond. Travel to and from Beijing Capital International Airport is possible via both taxi and light rail. The average taxi cost is about 120 CNY (approximately $20) and takes approximately 45 minutes. To travel to and from the airport via light rail, the Beijing Capital Airport Express Train runs to/from Terminals 2 & 3 with one transfer. The transfer is at Dongzhimen station (please note you must purchase as separate trips), then from Dongzhimen, take the Subway Line 2 to Jianguomen station, from there the office is accessible via taxi or a 15-minute walk. Please note: travel times on map might not reflect actual travel times. A shuttle exists as well, however, taxi remains the fastest, most convenient option.
Onsite, the main office offers several options for workspace & meetings and for larger or more formal events, several nearby hotels (listed below) offer both accommodation and conference, reception & event spaces.